The University of Washington is a public research university in Seattle, Washington, and one of the oldest universities on the West Coast. The foundation of the university was laid in the year 1861 and offers courses in more than 100 disciplines at UG and PG levels. it is ranked among the top 100 universities globally by the QS World University Rankings 2023. In this blog, we will be providing all the essential information you need to know about the University of Washington acceptance rate and admission process.
University Of Washington Acceptance Rate
The University of Washington acceptance rate is 55.9% which means approximately 55 applicants are selected from every 100 applications. thus it makes it fairly selective, yet the interested candidates must not leave any stone unturned to make their application distinct and stand.
The University of Washington offers approximately 113 degrees at the UG level, 268 degrees at the PG level, and the student retention rate is approximately 90% above. The sky-high retention rate of students in the university speaks volumes louder about the quality education offered by the institute.
The eligibility criteria is a bit competitive yet it can be met easily if the student is ready to give his/her cent percent in building a solid and impactful profile:
- 3.5 above GPA in high school
- SAT score for the class of 2025 has been 1220-1440. This is the range usually accepted to admit students in the university.
- English proficiency requirements include-
- IELTS 7.0 and above
- TOEFL 92 and above
- SOP, LOR and essays are a must
- ACT score, 27 above is recommended
- Test scores of other standardized exams (GRE/GMAT, etc.)
The application process of the University of Washington is elucidated as follows:
- Applicants can apply through Coalition Application Portal
- Create a coalition account and add University of Washington to your college list
- Opt-in to sharing contact information where you will share your important demographic details
- Complete the questions asked by University of Washington
- Pay the application fee and upload all the important documents
- Then at last, submit the application.
Top Courses Offered
The University of Washington offers a plethora of courses at UG and PG level but there are some courses for which this university is highly renowned. The top courses offered by the University of Washington are as follows-
- Social Sciences
- Biomedical and Biological Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Business Management
MBA at University of Washington Acceptance Rate
The University of Washington offers a distinguished MBA program and it has an impeccable placement record as 99% of MBA students are placed in their preferred organization and domain. The acceptance rate for MBA programs is approximately 41.3% which is fairly competitive. This implies that out of every 100 candidates, 41 students are able to secure admission in this course at the university. GMAT requirement for MBA at the University of Washington ranges from 650-730 which is fairly high.